For the UN-initiated :-
- systemd, init - systemd system and service manager
- systemctl - Control the systemd system and service manager
Sample usage of systemd :- Restart Network Service using Systemd
If you are not comfortable with running systemctl / systemd commands from console / terminal then you can install "systemd-ui" which acts like a Graphical front-end for systemd system and acts like a service manager.
Install and Use systemd-ui
Step 1:- We need to Configure Community Repositories in YaST, GNOME 3.6, openSUSE 12.3
Step 2:- Launch command launcher
(Alt+F2)and open terminal using command
Step3:- Now, it is possible to install systemd-ui using the command "sudo -u root zypper in systemd-ui".
Step 4:- Launch the systemd-ui using the command
Step5:- Using this tool you can
- Check Current status of the Service,
- View Service dependencies,
- Start Service,
- Stop Service,
- Restart Service,
- In-activate Service etc..