The following are the steps involved in converting a "Plain RPM Directory" into a repository using GTK-YaST on openSUSE 12.3, GNOME 3.6 :-
- Dump all the rpm files you have in a suitable directory under your "Home" directory. I have all my rpms in directory "~/Software/rpms"
- Press Left "win" key / Alt+F1 to bring up Activities window / launcher.
- Then type "install" and it will bring up an application called "Install/Remove Software". Click on that to open YaST Software Manager.
- Click on menu Configuration==>Repositories to navigate to "Repositories" window
- Click on the add button in this window and it will take you to "MediaType" window where you need to choose "Local Directory" and press on "Next" button.
- In the next window provide appropriate "Repository Name" and "Path to Directory" where your rpms are present. Also choose the option "Plain RPM Directory." and press on "Next" to complete the process.
- You will now find the "rpms" repository in the main window of YaST software Manager.
Screencast showing creating local repository using YaST
Note:- The trick for converting Nautilus Pathbar to textual input entry is to press