If you are one of thos guys who doesn't like the above form or if you are looking for a TataIndicom Wimax connection login app or script then your search ends here. The application described here is a self executing jar which when launched reads a configuration file in the same directory as the jar and then connects to the internet. When clicked again it will logout and end the session.
The program is simple and uses HttpClient and HttpPost classes from Apache "HttpComponents" framework and creates a HTTP session and submits the user name and password obtained from the configuration file to login. The classes were developed in DrJava and the final jar was created using Eclipse. The executable jar can be downloaded along with a sample config file. If you are interested in getting the source code you can download the ".java" files too :-). The jar has been tested on "Windows 7" and openSUSE 12.2 / GNOME 3.4 and it works in both environments.
Running the jar
- Install a JAVA JRE or JDK of version 1.6 or higher. If you are using openSUSE 12.2 then you can take a look at this page. If you are using windows you can get it from here ( JRE,JDK ).
- Download "ConnectionAlertWindows.jar" and "myconfig.txt" from the folder shared below.
- Place the myconfig.txt in the same folder as the jar and then edit the config file and enter the correct LoginUrl , LogoutUrl , user name and password. In general you need to correct the text between these symbols "<" , ">" and also remove those symbols. In case of urls it is the short form of the city you live in like "hyd" in case of Hyderabad and "ban" in case of Bangalore, "ahm" in case of Ahmedabad , "bom" in case of Bombay etc:
- If you are on GNOME 3.4 you can us this hack to run the jar. If you are on windows then you
- If there is config related issue you will see the pop up.
- If the program is able to exit the Login part then you will see the following pop up.
- If you are already logged in and you launch the jar again then the program goes to the Logout part then it gives the following pop up.
Creating jar from Source
- httpclient-4.2.2.jar, httpcore-4.2.2.jar and commons-logging-1.1.1.jar from "HttpComponents Client" project are required and can be downloaded from here.
- ReadValues.java, TataLogin.java and TataLogout.java are the source files which can be downloaded from the folder shared below.
- Eclipse classic (link) or Eclipse IDE for J2EE development(link)
- It is also good to install a JAVA JRE or JDK. If you are using openSUSE 12.2 then for installing the same you can take a look at this page. If you are using windows you can get it from here(JRE,JDK)
This is the folder from where you can get the executable jar, source code and sample config file.
Sample code for HttpClient code referenced from here